- If you have chosen the Regular developing solution, it is recommended that you wait 8-12 hours to rinse off depending on desired result. This will allow your tan to fully develop. It is fine to leave the Airbrush Spray Tanning solution on overnight and rinse in the morning.
- If you have chosen the Rapid Rinse solution, it is extremely important that you rinse at the time your spray tech has recommended for you (typically 2-4 hours after solution is applied).
- Please keep in mind that both the Rapid and Regular Rinse solutions take 24 hours to fully develop
- Your first rinse should be brief making sure you gently but thoroughly "wipe" the cosmetic bronzer off of your skin using your hands only. You will see color coming off during your first rinse...this is normal, you want all of the cosmetic bronzer to come off in that first rinse.
- Please do not pee in the shower when you have an Airbrush Spray Tan, the ammonia in the urine will cause your tan to streak.
- Do not use any soap during your first rinse. For best results wait 12-24 hours from your initial rinse to use any soaps or lotions. Deodorant is fine.
- Once out of the shower pat your skin dry, do not rub. You will want to continue to pat your skin dry for the duration of your Airbrush Spray Tan.
After Treatment Advice
- Please do not schedule your manicure, pedicure, or waxing appointments after your tan, as these treatments will remove any color from your skin.
- If possible, do not wear a bra until you have rinsed the cosmetic bronzer off.
- Please know that if you exercise and sweat heavily your tan can fade faster, especially if your clothing is tight. The same applies to sweating feet inside shoes.
- Shaving exfoliates skin, which can fade your tan. Be sure to use a new razor with a very minimal or no moisture strip on it and a lubricating product such as our Ph Balancing Cleanser or Lotion when shaving. A dull razor will remove your tan.
- Be aware that spending any time in a hot tub, swimming pool, or the ocean—or even taking a long hot bath—can cause your Airbrush Tan to prematurely fade.
- Do not use aerosol or oil-based sunscreen! The chemicals in them will ruin your Airbrush Spray Tan. We recommend that you use a waterproof lotion sunscreen.
Products to Avoid After your Airbrush Spray Tan
The following is a list of commonly used body care products that can have a detrimental effect on an Airbrush Spray Tan. This is not all-inclusive, but simply a guide for products to avoid, as they can lighten or make a sunless tan blotchy or change color:
- Products containing mineral oil, petroleum or parabins
- Aerosol sunscreens
- AHA products (Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, and Tartaric acids)
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin, such as Accutane and Salicylic acid
- Antibiotics or other medications that affect your skin can also affect your tan
- Anti-aging products that "renew," "refresh," or otherwise exfoliate skin
- Band-Aid or adhesive tape applied to skin will pull the tan off
- Bar soaps and body wash, especially deodorant or antibacterial varieties
- BHA Products (Beta Hydroxy Acids: salicylic acid)
- Body hair bleach products will bleach the tan. Non-bleach skin lighteners are fine
- Biore-type adhesive facial strips or “peel-off” masks
- Bug spray, perfumes, or body sprays that are sprayed directly onto skin can remove or fade the tan. Instead, spray clothing, or spray a "cloud" of spray that you can walk through, instead of spraying directly onto skin.
- You must avoid the following ingredients when using a moisturizer: Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Paraffins, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ceresine.
- Curel lotions will fade a tan faster, on some people
- Avoid lotions with a high alcohol content such as CeraVe
- Facial masks
- Exfoliating scrubs
- Hair Inhibiting Lotions (Jergens, etc.) tend to make a sunless tan yellow
- Makeup remover cleaning products, or oils used to clean away eye makeup
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin) all will cause faster fading
- Shaving cream or over the counter body wash
- Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel in the top three ingredients listed can lighten a tan
- Wax or Depilatory hair removal products such as Nair, Veet, Neet, etc.